A visit for Two to Highdown Vineyard
• A talk on English wines, grape growing and grape to glass
• Introduction to wine tasting and sampling of four wines
• Your will be part of a group on the tour and tasting
• A certificate of adoption for a vine
• Your name plate on the vine
• 5% discount on wines
• A complimentary bottle of Highdown Vineyard wine to take home
• Tour and tasting last around one and a half hours
Wine tasting in West Sussex – the perfect gift for wine lovers, including a vineyard tour and membership of the winery’s delectably eco-friendly Adopt-A-Vine scheme. Ideal for couples, this is a fantastic opportunity to discover the complexities of the winemaking process from vine to glass, sample some delicious local produce and ‘own’ a vine!
At this vineyard run by the husband-and-wife team of Paul and Aly Englefield and located in the relatively sunny climes of West Sussex, wine tasting tours are a definite highlight to your day. You’ll be able to stroll peacefully among the vines as you learn about the history and techniques of wine production and the annual cycle of an English vineyard. Aly – whose enthusiasm for viticulture knows no bounds – will then give a brief informal chat about English wines and the qualities that these highly popular blends possess.
You’ll then be treated to a short wine tasting session, with four of the West Sussex winery’s own blends giving you the opportunity to pick out individual bouquets and aromas, as well as the intricate flavours, depths and sparkle that characterise various wines.
But of course, the fun doesn’t stop there! Through the vineyard’s vine adoption concept, you and your partner can choose one of the very vines you’ll have walked around to ‘adopt’. You’ll receive a personalised certificate and your nameplate will be attached to your preferred vine for the duration of the adoption, so you can continue to make an important contribution to the winemaking efforts at this beautiful West Sussex vineyard even after the day’s tasting and touring events are finished.
As a reminder of your visit, you’ll also take home with you a complimentary bottle of wine to taste in all its grapey glory at home and you’ll receive a further 5% off all future purchases from the winery shop. This truly is a gift that keeps on giving!
For a day in the vines with a difference, you can’t go wrong with this wine tasting in West Sussex experience as the simple and elegant tasting tour, includes your chance to be part of the winery, thanks to your adoption of a vine!
• Tours are usually available most Saturdays from late May until early October
• Vineyard opening hours 10.00 to 17.30
• Highdown Vineyard in West Sussex
• Minimum age 18
• Disabled access
• This tour is not suitable for spectators
• Ample car parking available
• Tea room available serving light lunches, sandwiches, soups, cakes & scones
• Vineyard shop on site with a wide selection of Highdown wines, other local wines, jams, pickles and other local produce