Get a real feel for what life is like on a vineyard with this lovely Cream Tea Wine Tour of the Bolney Wine estate in West Sussex. This family-run business has been producing lovely wines since 1972 and the team will be only too pleased to show you round.
This experience starts as it means to go on with a warm welcome, homemade shortbread and a glass of wine. Once the introductions have been done you'll head out for a gentle stroll around the vines with a guide. After seeing how the grapes grow, you'll tour round the state of the art winery where the grapes are transformed into red, white and sparkling wines. Of course, no tour would be complete without tasting some of the final product, so you'll try three different wines.
This cream tea wine tour concludes with a lovely cream tea. Chef Dan makes tasty scones accompanied with his homemade Muddleberry jam in summer, or cheese scones with red onion marmalade in winter, all washed down with a nice cup of freshly brewed tea. A thoroughly lovely way to spend an afternoon in the Sussex downs.
- A glass of wine and homemade shortbread upon arrival
- A walk around the vineyard and vines
- A tour of the state-of-the-art winery last around one and a half hours
- Wine tasting session of three wines
- A Cream Tea to finish:
- Summer Cream Tea - homemade fruit scones, cream, jam and tea
- Winter Cream Tea - homemade cheese or chive scones, garlic and herb cream cheese and red onion marmalade