• This half day experience offers 3 hours instruction from the bank
• Starting at 09:00 and finishing at 12:00
• You may continue to fish until 15:00
• You can catch up to two fish which you will take home with you
• The price includes the hire of all the necessary fly fishing tackle for the day and a 'Brace Permit' which is valid for four weeks from the days fishing which allows you to return to Bewl water and catch another two fish
• All tuition is on a 1:1 basis
Cast a line into some fine Kentish waters with our Bewl Water fly fishing experience. Locally known as one of the ‘Seven Wonders of the Weald’, this scenic reservoir in the Wealden countryside is the perfect place to learn the basics of fly fishing on a one-to-one basis.
Bewl Water offers outstanding fly fishing for both rainbow and brown trout, alongside waterside walks, cycle hire, picnic stops and water sports. Set in over 1,000 acres of parkland, it’s no wonder this hidden gem of the South East is such a popular location for fishing activities. The lake itself is stocked with superb quality trout, with individual fish often weighing in at over 2lbs when caught – so there are plenty of chances to net yourself a whopper!
This half-day session is designed to suit complete beginners and budding amateurs alike, providing three hours of one-to-one tuition covering the basics of fly fishing. Casting a line into Bewl Water, reeling in and learning key facts about the tackle and techniques is all part of your training, with a qualified fishing instructor guiding through the process to make sure you have an enjoyable yet educational experience.
Each course is tailored to suit you, so you can either start from scratch and pick up the fundamental skills of fly fishing, or develop your catching abilities. Boat, equipment hire and the Bewl Water fly fishing permit are included in the price, so once you arrive and have the necessary safety briefing then it’s time to get learning.
As one of England's foremost trout fisheries, Bewl Water offers top class fly fishing. The season runs from April to October and fishing can take place on several miles of bank, or from one of a fleet of 54 boats. Fish weighing as much as 18lbs have been caught here before and as you’re allowed to take two catches home with you for supper, you might find yourself dining like a king after a session with the reels and rods.
Although traditionally a popular gift for men, fishing also appeals to women of all ages, and for anyone who loves the water (and to enjoy the fruits of their labours afterwards) this Bewl Water fly fishing special is the perfect lakeside gift. As well as this idyllic corner of Kent, we have fly fishing for beginners on lakes and rivers around the country.
• Courses run throughout the fishing season, according to availability, between April and October
• Bewl Water is located close to Lamberhurst off the A21 a few miles south of Tunbridge Wells
• There are no specific requirements for this venue
• If you have questions, please contact our sales team on 01959 578100
• Bewl Water is a prefect venue for a day out for all the family, whether you are on the fly fishing experience or not
• There's the Look Out restaurant offering excellent catering with stunning views from the conservatory over Bewl and its beautiful meadows and woodland
• The Swallow passenger ferry sails daily from April to mid September offering 45 minute trips around the lake
• Bicycles may be hired during the summer for the 12.5 mile ride around the reservoir
• There are many lovely walks and a nature reserve