Rock Climbing Days
• Half days last around four hours with a start time of 9am
• Full days last around seven hours and start at 9am
• You will need to wear loose fitting clothing (no jeans) and trainers
• Due to the nature of the locations, waterproof and warm clothing is advisedClimbing and Abseiling Day
• This is a full day activity and lasts around 7 hours
• 4 hours rock climbing
• 2 hours on the abseiling tower
• Learn about safety, climbing techniques, climbing etiquette, knots & belaying, introduction to climbing & bouldering, abseiling techniques, blindfold abseiling and confident tests
• All climbing and safety equipment is provided for every experience
• All activities are run in groups, with a maximum size of 12 people
• All instructors are experienced and hold relevant qualifications from MLTUK (mountain Leader Training UK) as well as first aid and safety qualifications.
Rock Climbing in Kent is a great way to have fun, get fit and be in the great outdoors. Our rock climbing sessions and climb and abseil days on the Kentish sandstone near Tunbridge Wells are ideal for those who want to have a go at the 'real deal' in an outdoor setting.
The learn to rock climb courses run by this Kent-based outfit are designed to introduce total beginners or indoor climbers to the world of climbing outdoors and is an ideal way for anyone thinking of taking up climbing as a sport to get an idea of what is involved. The emphasis is on allowing beginners to try out the sport, have fun and learn the basic techniques of climbing. During the session you will cover Belaying (rope techniques), safety awareness, practical climbing skills and introduce you to Bouldering. The full day also introduces climbing etiquette and using guidebooks, route selection and more in depth climbing techniques.
If you opt for the climbing and abseil course, you get two great outdoor sports rolled into one experience. The morning sessions follows the rock climbing syllabus, then the afternoon is spent at the company's Kent base tackling the specialist abseiling tower - an impressive 33ft high manmade structure that lets you practice your abseiling techniques in safety. After getting over the initial thoughts of 'oh my - it's a long way down' you'll be whizzing down the vertical face with aplomb. If confidence is high by the end of the session, you can even try and blindfolded abseil if you dare!
The climbing tuition takes place at Harrison's Rocks, a rare outcrop of sandstone crag in south east Kent hat attracts many climbers. The rocks reach a height of 40 feet in places and provide over 300 different climbs catering for climbers of all abilities.
All abseiling and rock climbing Kent courses are tailored to your ability, so it doesn't matter if you have future ambitions of climbing a mountain or just want to get your feet off the ground; the fully qualified, friendly and enthusiastic instructors will ensure you have a great time.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Usually running at least once a month from March to October
• The Half Day Rock Climbing runs from 9am to around 1pm
• Full Day Rock Climbing and the Climbing and Abseiling Day both run from 9am to around 4pm
• 'Special Offer Climbing for Two' Vouchers must be booked and redeemed by October 31st 2015
• The rock climbing activities usually take place at Harrison's Rocks on the Kent/Sussex border
• The abseiling tower is close by in East Grinstead and is a 20 minute drive (transport between the locations is not provided)
• The maximum weight limit is 100kg / 16 stone
• The minimum age requirement is 18 years
• There is no maximum age limit however you need to be reasonably agile to get the most from this experience
• Spectators are welcome but numbers are limited
• There are no shops nearby so participants and spectators are advised to bring your own refreshments and lunch