Abseiling is a great way to de-stress, unwind and escape to the great outdoors at the same time! This abseiling experience is all about feeding your fear, as you lean back over the edge and drop down a 30ft (10m) high abseil tower near the Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.
This two hour experience is designed for you to learn the basics of abseiling, under the supervision of a fully qualified instructor. Your instructor will run through a safety briefing and some abseiling techniques before it's your turn to have a go. The enthusiasm of the staff really is contagious, meaning you will be sure to have an exciting and enjoyable time.
On most sessions you will have at least 3-4 abseils and once confident, your final abseil will conclude with a little catch - you'll be wearing a blindfold!
From complete beginners to those who have tried abseiling many times before, the sessions will be tailored to suit your own experience.
• You should allow 2 hours for this experience
• You will learn about safety awareness and abseiling techniques
• Try out confidence tests and a blind abseil
• The platform used is 30ft (10m)high
• You may form part of a group of up to 12 people
• The experience runs on selected weekends and weekdays from March to October (inclusive) with at least one date per month
• Maximum weight limit is 100kg / 16 stone
• Minimum age is 18 years
• There is no maximum age limit however you need to be reasonably agile to get the most from this experience
• You may be in a group of up to 12 people
• All abseiling and safety equipment is supplied
• Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing (no jeans) and trainers
• Spectators are allowed although numbers are restricted
• Also they will need to have their own transport to travel to and from the venue
• There are no shops near the venue so participants are encouraged to bring their own refreshments